“The profession of orthodontics is like no other. You can totally transform someone’s life through their smile, giving them the confidence to succeed while having the opportunity to get to know patients and their families on a personal level.”
– Dr. Andrew Pedersen
Dr. Andrew Pedersen graduated from Grove City College with a B.S. in molecular biology and is a magna cum laude graduate of the dental school at the University of Maryland.
He went on to do his orthodontics residency at the University of Maryland where he received his M.S. degree in orthodontics. During that time, he was the chief orthodontic resident during the third year of his residency program.
Dr. Pedersen continues to attend professional development courses. He has years of experience with braces, Invisalign, and other modalities of treatment for children, teens, adults, and everyone in between.
Dr. Pedersen is involved with the following professional organizations:
- ABO Small Seal Dietterick Orthodontics in York
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Middle Atlantic Society of Orthodontists
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society
- PA Board Certified by The American Board of Orthodontics
- Pennsylvania Association of Orthodontists
- Pennsylvania Dental Association
- York County Dental Association
- York County Dental Society President 2021
- York County Dental Society President-Elect 2020
- York County Dental Society Vice President 2019
Outside the Office
Dr. Pedersen was born in Baltimore County, Maryland, and moved with his family to southern York County, Pennsylvania.
Dr. Pedersen met his wife, Jenn, during high school. They have a daughter, Brynlee, a son, Landon, and a baby girl, Hadley.
The Pedersen family loves pets. They currently have a rescue dachshund mix named Boh, a French bulldog named Bella, and an English bulldog named Luna.
Dr. Pedersen enjoys spending time with his family, skiing, playing soccer, and working out.